May 12, 2011

When I wake up to the small cries of my son letting me know he is awake in the next room, I pick him up and bring him to lay with me in my big cozy bed for our usual morning cuddle time. But then when he decides to throw up chunks of white blob all over my brand new sheets, I swiftly bring us both to the tub and wash off, even though he had a bath right before bed. After doing so, I load all the blankets and sheets in my car, hoping to not get the slosh of baby puke anywhere else. I go to my moms and stuff them in the washer And since I'm there, I'll raid the fridge and indulge on a piece of apple pie, and watch an episode of mindless reality television and think to myself, "how did Audrina get her own tv show" and better yet, "why am I watching it?" But I won't turn the tv off until it's over. Then I plop my booty into the computer chair and browse through weheartit.com, admiring the incredibly beautiful pictures and feel inspired. I will then find one that speaks to me and I will post it here.

I choose this one. I have a boy who makes me smile with his genuine sweet-ness; he even thinks the same about me. Which is a plus, don't you think? Unfortunately for both of us, I catch myself questioning, contemplating, analyzing, and basically talking myself out of any feelings I may be developing. Why would I do such a thing? Because I'm a scardy cat and have not been in a real relationship with anyone in 19 months. Which is how old my son is. Therefore, the last person I was in a true relationship was with my son's father. And if you take a look around my blog, you can tell that it obviously did not turn out well. So know it may not be hard to understand why I would be scared to make the jump and take the risk of commitment.

But then I saw the picture with the quote and I realize the beautiful truth it holds.


So this is me, being the opposite of hopeless.

No comments:

Post a Comment