April 2, 2011

Make Juice, Not War







Picked up this amazing book last week








This amazing woman was diagnosed with an uncurable and untreatable Cancer. But, instead of becoming victim and giving up, she decided she would be a survivor. The book goes in to detail about how she changed her diet and her life and beat the cancer She cut out meat and dairy, started meditating, became more active, and stared juicing.





I really love the 21-Day Cleanse in the back. She wrote out a guide, inclusive with a typical meal plan, prayers, positive affirmations and exercises to follow for every day from 1 to 21.





After buying the book, I decided I needed a juicer. After doing a little research, I went and purchased a Breville Juice Fountain Plus I love that it comes with it's own pitcher (not shown) that fits perfectly to the mouth where the juice comes out.





The first time I tried it out, I was literally in awe with how beautifully it transformed a whole cucumber into pure juice leaving nothing but pulp in the pulp catcher. How wonderful and easy!



My green juice in my fancy and cute glass I got for my birthday!



The first concoction I made was cucumber, green apple and bell pepper. And let me tell you, it left much to be desired. I couldn't even stomach the drink after taking a few sips I think the bell pepper just threw it completely off And the sourness of the green apple didn't help at all. That one went down the drain. haha Yesterday was Day 1 of my own 21 day cleanse. I made cucumber, celery, and pear and added some romain lettuce and kale. It was much, much better. I drank the whole thing, but quickly after I got an awful stomach ache and felt a little dizzy, I had to just lay on the couch for 30 minutes feeling miserable and confused.



After googling, I discovered that it is typical to feel a little sickly when first starting juicing, since it's basically detoxing your body. Just as your body would be sore after working out for the first time.



After 30 minutes, I ate a few whole grain crackers and that definitely helped. I then felt an urge of energy and wellness. Maybe it was in my head?



So, go ahead and check it out. It's a great book and provides a lot of inspiration



Here's to: Living a healthier and happier life

No comments:

Post a Comment