April 6, 2011

Vision Board

This weekend I finally got around to my Vision Board! My mom got me a large bulletin for Christmas but it has just been hanging out at her house since then.. haha I could not think of exactly how I wanted to do it. But Saturday, it finally hit me! I remembered that a few weeks ago, I had went to Michael's and purchased some Mod Podge and paintbrushes




And a booklet of fancy scrapbook pages that go with the colors in my room







I then went and bought some spray paint, laid the bulletin outside in the backyard, and spray painted the edges of the board





After letting that dry a few hours, I arrange the papers on the board I then pick each one up and apply a bit of mod podge to the bulletin board and replace each paper directly on top. Making sure it's exactly where I want because once it's down it definitely won't move. After all the pieces are glued on, I use the paint brush to apply another coat of the mod podge to the top.





I let that dry over night. Then the next day, I go through all my magazine clippings and select the ones I like the most, then play around with them until I find the right place for each picture. And voila. My finished vision board!





I'm happy that I decided to decoupage the scrapbook paper to the board, making it much cuter than seeing ugly brown in the empty spaces.





I'm placing this in my bedroom to look at every day and be a sure reminder of what I want to accomplish. Scratch that. What I will accomplish.



No comments:

Post a Comment